Nurse Practitioner – Contract (Maternity Leave Coverage)
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) holds the role of practitioner, consultant, educator and advocate. The NP works within the full scope of primary health care nurse practitioner practices. The NP functions as a member of the interdisciplinary care team in the development, implementation and evaluation of the Blue Sky Family Health Team’s (Blue Sky FHT) patient plan of care. The Nurse Practitioner will collaborate with the Lead Physician, FHO physicians and community services and agencies in the provision of primary health care for patients. The Nurse Practitioner will collaborate with the Interdisciplinary Health Practitioners (IHP’s) in the provision and advancement of nursing services, taking a leadership role in the development, implementation and evaluation of the Nurse Practitioner services.
- Current certificate of competence as a Registered Nurse with Extended Class privileges with the College of Nurses on Ontario
- Masters of Nursing is preferred
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, and successful completion of the Ontario Primary HealthCare Nurse Practitioner Certificate Program
- Three to five years of experience as a primary healthcare nurse practitioner is preferred
- Require professional liability insurance
Office Manager - Permanent Full Time
The Office Manager supports the Executive Director in the planning, organizing, directing, and analyzing the operations in the area of Human Resources. Key areas of responsibility include policy and procedure development; human resource planning; training and development; and recruitment and selection. In addition to remaining current with all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations, this role requires the individual to adhere to and enforce all established organizational policies and procedures. This role further requires the individual to maintain effective communication and positive relationships between the Physicians, management team and employees.
- Post secondary education preferably in Business Administration / Human Resources; or related experience
- Health care and medical terminology considered an asset
- Management experience considered an asset
Bilingualism would be considered an asset. Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes outlining education, experience and qualifications on or before Tuesday, June 6th, 2017 @ 4:30 pm to:
Lori Mersereau and Cory Backer
Blue Sky Family Health Team
685 Bloem Street
North Bay ON, P1B 4Z5
BSFHT is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce.
If at any stage in the selection process you require an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.