SOCIAL WORK SERVICES
What is a Social Worker?
Why see a Social Worker?
- Grief / loss
- Marital / relationship issues
- Parenting challenges
- Substance use
- Work-related or school-related problems
What do Blue Sky Family Health Team Social Workers do?
- Identify and understand the source of their current stress or difficulty
- Develop coping skills and find effective solutions to their problems
- Find and advocate for needed resources in the community
The counselling process typically involves setting therapeutic goals, the use of assessment and screening tools, educational materials, and “homework” exercises (eg. journaling). Some of the therapeutic modalities utilized by our team of social workers include mindfulness, cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT), brief solution-focused therapy (BSFT), narrative therapy, psychoeducation, and Eye Movement Densensitization & Reprocessing therapy (EMDR).
Referrals are generated through the Blue Sky Family Health Team physicians or nurse practitioners.
Click here for a Copy of the Social Work Agreement – August 5, 2020